Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

One day the TV would not yurn on. I am sorry but that last

Customer Question

one day the TV would not yurn on
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: i am sorry but that last text was a mistake. What I was trying to say is that my visio A320-A0 would not turn on one day so I unplugged it, waited 30 sec and plugged it back in and it did turn on. Every time I turn it off, I must do this. It worked every time but now it won't turn on at all.
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

What is the purchase date of the tv?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

What is the purchase date of the tv?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Two years ago
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Please tell me about everything you have connected to the tv?

-antenna

-satellite

-dvd

-surround sound

-etc

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
antenna, home theater, ect
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

You are using the Tv Tuner built into the tv, changing channels with the Vizio remote? Or is there an external tuner box controlled by a non-Vizio remote?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
tv turner using remote
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Best option for you is perform a RESET ALL in the Tv HELP menu. Perform a clean channel scan/setup. Test for normal operation. Can you do that now please and let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is clear that you don't understand what I wrote before so I will once more. One day my vizio 320A-0A would not turn on. I unplugged it and then plugged it back in and it did turn on. I had to do this every time to get the tv to turn on. But now it will not turn at all. May be something with the standby power supply.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

I certainly do understand it. This problem/symptom can happen if the tv tuner and/or software that runs on the tv gets corrupt. So BEFORE recommending replacing hardware, it is always best to perform the RESET ALL. It is very well known that RESET the tv can solve this and other issues. Understand?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i do understand but how do I do this with out being able turn the tv on?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Aha.... that was not understood! I thought you were actually able to turn it on after pulling the power cord.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

When you plug it in, press the power button on the tv itself (not remote), what happens? Any clicking noise? Any power LED on the front panel blinking? etc

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried that be for and nothing happened. I can't do it now because I have it dismantled. I will put it back together and try the reset if I can start it. TTFN. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Ok.