TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a samsubg tv with a dead control board INSIDE THE TV. i…

Have a samsubg tv...

Have a samsubg tv with a dead control board INSIDE THE TV. i need a new one . I can put it in - I teach physics , and the board is just a plug and play board. The model is PN50B400P30. tHE CODE IS PN50B400P3DXZA. tYPE PN50B400. Year of manufacture is 2009

Technician's Assistant: Is your PN50B400P30 connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No the two HDMI CONNECTIONS BROKE AND THAT IS ALL I KNOW

3/17/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The part you are referring to is known as the main board, which is part number BN94-03192B

You may order one here: https://encompass.com/item/8162833/Samsung/BN94-03192B/Assembly_Pcb_Misc-main

I would add a note of caution however - while I'm sure you're capable of installing it, the practicality of doing so may not be worthwhile. As you know this is a 2009 model tv, which is about double its service life at this point. Fixing the current issue will not extend the life of the tv any appreciable amount, and the other half dozen boards will have other continued failures sooner than later. You might get another year or so out of the tv if you're lucky. Given the age, and that plasma technology is long obsolete, and that you can buy a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty and better picture in the $400 range, it may make more sense to simply move on to a new set at this point.

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The tv has been off line for 3 or 4 years in the church basement so it may work. It is for our rec room. The purchase page does not like my address, which is***** Everett WA 98203. Can you check and confirm so the purchase goes through? Thanks for your help! Steve
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just do it.

No I cannot, sorry. I have no affiliation with the parts seller. I just provided a link to the only available source of the part. Your purchase from them is separate, but you could call them if needed for help with that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

You're very welcome, and best of luck with the repairs!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer