TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have lost the picture on the TV and cannot seem to recover…

Customer Question
I have lost the...

I have lost the picture on the TV and cannot seem to recover it having now changed the batteries in the remote

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Pioneer not sure what else plasma on the wall was in flat when I bought flat!

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

It would not change channels from yesterday but I then tried the input buttons and it will go from 1 through 5!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

I seem to be going round and round. I asked one question so it is the one I would like answered. I have given my credit card details and paid the 24 pounds. Where is the technician?
No I only want to pay 24 pounds That's it or I'll close it down. Thank you

I am right here. Phone call isn't necessary...

You can see the INPUT labels/numbers on the tv screen as you are changing inputs?

I can see the input numbers.

Please tell me about everything you have connected to the tv?

-antenna

-satellite

-dvd

-surround sound

-others

Only lived her a couple of weeks so doing my best! No antenna that I can see. No satellite yet. DVD yes. Surround sound yes. And a sound receiver which also has its own remote

Please try this:
-unplug the POWER cords for the tv and all related equipment from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv cords and turn everything On.

-test for normal operation.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Brilliant. Will do. Thanks

Ok

Still only showing the Input numbers and cannot access the tv channels

So I am confused you say you don't have antenna or satellite, how do you get your channels? Is there a cable tv service/box or....

It's what they call Freeview. I get the BBC channels and the ITV channels. You know I'm in the UK right?

Ok, so is there a separate Freeview Box that you control with a Freeview remote?

Is that box On right now? Did you reboot it when you rebooted the equipment?

How is the box connected to the tv - which INPUT? (requires you go to the back of the tv and look)

There is no Freeview box. Just the TV, the DVD player & the sound receiver.
The TV is a plasma mounted on the wall so not possible to see the back of it.

So you have to get the Freeview signal into the tv via something- either a Dish or antenna. Do you know which?

I see your point but I don't know the answer. Thank you very much. I'm going to ask my previous tenant if she's in if she knows how. Thanks for all your help

You're welcome. Would you like to show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question?

Louie, Technician