TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a model LC-50LB371U serial number JNVFAYA002020 mfg…

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model LC-50LB371U serial number JNVFAYA002020 mfg date Oct 2015. I have noticed the bottom corner of the screen was a little darker than the rest of the screen. I just got home from work I want to turn on and I get absolutely no picture I get the sound when I push buttons on the remote but no picture. I have unplugged it and plug it back in to try to reset it no luck. Any thoughts

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LC-50LB371U?

HDMI for the TV the AV cables for the Wii

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that I'm aware of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, in the mean time we can continue our chat.....

Ok

For how long did you leave the tv POWER cord unplugged from the wall?

10 seconds or so

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Still nothing. The red LED on the front blinks then goes out

But you have sound playing from the tv speakers?

I do

Can you please try the original Sharp TV remote and/or the buttons on the tv, like MENU. Does the TV MENU come up on the screen?

No. Nothing on screen

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

I took electronics in school and am currently a field service tech for a scale company

Get a flashlight.

Go up close to the screen.

Shine the light into the tv screen at an angle.

Look into the screen pas the glare.

Do you see a picture inside the screen?

Move the light around to different areas of the screen.

I can see a picture

You have failure of either the Power/LED board, or the back lights inside the screen.

Next step is to take the back off the tv, plug in tv, power on, test for voltage on the Power/LED board at connector that feeds the LED's.

Are you able to perform that voltage test?

I can

Great. Reply back with voltage results or if you need more guidance.

Ok. Thanks for the guidance. Appreciate it

Yep. Let me know.