TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a model LC-50LB371U serial number JNVFAYA002020 mfg…

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model LC-50LB371U serial number JNVFAYA002020 mfg date Oct 2015. I have noticed the bottom corner of the screen was a little darker than the rest of the screen. I just got home from work I want to turn on and I get absolutely no picture I get the sound when I push buttons on the remote but no picture. I have unplugged it and plug it back in to try to reset it no luck. Any thoughts

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LC-50LB371U?

HDMI for the TV the AV cables for the Wii

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that I'm aware of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, in the mean time we can continue our chat.....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

For how long did you leave the tv POWER cord unplugged from the wall?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
10 seconds or so

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still nothing. The red LED on the front blinks then goes out

But you have sound playing from the tv speakers?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do

Can you please try the original Sharp TV remote and/or the buttons on the tv, like MENU. Does the TV MENU come up on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Nothing on screen

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took electronics in school and am currently a field service tech for a scale company

Get a flashlight.

Go up close to the screen.

Shine the light into the tv screen at an angle.

Look into the screen pas the glare.

Do you see a picture inside the screen?

Move the light around to different areas of the screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can see a picture

You have failure of either the Power/LED board, or the back lights inside the screen.

Next step is to take the back off the tv, plug in tv, power on, test for voltage on the Power/LED board at connector that feeds the LED's.

Are you able to perform that voltage test?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can

Great. Reply back with voltage results or if you need more guidance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thanks for the guidance. Appreciate it

Yep. Let me know.

Louie, Technician