TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The select language screen will not go away. Don't know.

Customer Question
The select language screen...

The select language screen will not go away.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Don't know. didn't affect any other tvs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not off hand

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I changed the cable box with no effect.
Don't want to keep authorizing additional money. Already authorized the basic service.
I would rather keep chatting.

Is this an issue on the TV screen or the cable box?

Tv screen

Remove the power cord to the TV

Wait 1 minute

Plug it back in

Are you able to bypass the screen now?

Ok will try

OK thank you

Sill there
Is there another way to bypass it?

Are you able to use the TV remote to select the option and bypass it?

Which option? L
Been punching all menu options.

Highlight the language and press the OK/Select button

Doesn’t respond

Does the remote work? It might need new batteries.

Put new batteries in the remote. I decided to call the cable company to come out before I buy a new TV. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome