TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Xfinity stopped working. It changes channels, shows TV…

Customer Question
My Xfinity stopped working...

My Xfinity stopped working. It changes channels, shows TV guide but no power on-off or volume control. I went to Xfinity who reset the modem and reprogrammed the remote. Still no joy. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Ed Atkinson here. Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No. I will try now. No joy. When I press the power button I get the info banner at the bottom of the screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
I got the schedule changed to work better for dad.
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The remote still does not turn the tv on or off and the volume does not work. Maybe program the remote again. The tv is a 5 yr old RCA flat screen, no smarts.

Yes, it is likely that you need to program the remote again.

Click here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/