TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have the LG 55LS4500-UD LED TV. I purchased all three

Customer Question
I have the LG...

I have the LG 55LS4500-UD LED TV. I purchased all three boards (T-Con, Main, and Power), the two ribbon cables connected to the T-Con board, and the LVDS cable. Everything has been tested to be in working order. I took the original equipment in and it was tested to be working also...which means I bought the others for no reason. If I unplug any of the cables, the lines obviously go away. The audio works fine also. It appears that the backlight is working fine. With the back panel off, I can see light coming from every possible hole and other openings in the back. The screen was not damaged in regard to cracks or breaks. The TV started doing this one day...while sitting quietly on a TV stand. I shined a flashlight at an angle to see if I could see the menu or anything else, and I can't see anything. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 55LS4500?

I have tried both HDMI cables using the old and new board, with the same result. I have not tested Component/Composite Jacks. Nothing is plugged in right now.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Only if it happened while I was sleeping. :) Nothing else was effected.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I've literally replaced everything inside, except the speakers.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Also, when I power on the TV, the red light blinks 3 times before the screen comes on with lines. Again...only lines...no picture at all, but I have audio.
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

It seems that you have replaced everything except the panel itself, so the display panel is suspect if the original equipment was all working fine in another set.

Pete.