TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG LB7100 That has a backlighting issue.

Customer Question
Hi,I have an LG LB7100...
Hi,I have an LG LB7100 That has a backlighting issue.Backlights appear to be ok when powering up as I get the LG logo and it will show input for a second before backlights go out.Opened it up and see the power board has a green led on it that flashes 4 times stops and then repeats the 4 flashes and stops on and on
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! Are you sure the TV is staying on when the backlights go out? If you shine a flashlight into the screen after they go out, can you see what is supposed to be displayed?

image is there with sound--just can't see unless flashlight used.

OK let me pull up some service data.

What size screen is this?

60

OK, thanks. I've seen this issue several times on these new LED sets from LG. It can come from a couple different areas but it's almost always a defective LED set behind the screen (the backlights themselves). They are probably 6916L-1720A LEDs but you would want to confirm by comparing the ones behind your screen to the ones shown >>HERE<<. If you do replace the LEDs, you should install the latest TV software after installation to minimize the risk of repeat failure.

TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago

Do you still need help with this?