TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG LB7100 That has a backlighting issue.

Customer Question
Hi,I have an LG LB7100...
Hi,I have an LG LB7100 That has a backlighting issue.Backlights appear to be ok when powering up as I get the LG logo and it will show input for a second before backlights go out.Opened it up and see the power board has a green led on it that flashes 4 times stops and then repeats the 4 flashes and stops on and on
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! Are you sure the TV is staying on when the backlights go out? If you shine a flashlight into the screen after they go out, can you see what is supposed to be displayed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
image is there with sound--just can't see unless flashlight used.

OK let me pull up some service data.

What size screen is this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
60

OK, thanks. I've seen this issue several times on these new LED sets from LG. It can come from a couple different areas but it's almost always a defective LED set behind the screen (the backlights themselves). They are probably 6916L-1720A LEDs but you would want to confirm by comparing the ones behind your screen to the ones shown >>HERE<<. If you do replace the LEDs, you should install the latest TV software after installation to minimize the risk of repeat failure.

Do you still need help with this?