TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung HL-P6163W. I replaced the lamp and the

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung HL-P6163W. I replaced the lamp and the ballast. I got my picture back but the colors and picture clarity kept changing slightly. I tried resetting the lamp ( Mute, 1 8 2 power but after a few tries the picture went black again. so now I have no picture just sound

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your HL-P6163W connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes I have all the cables connected and I have a HDMI cable connected as well

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Both HDMI and RCA

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Dim the room and look inside the back of the TV. Is the lamp coming on?

it's on

Can you bring up the regular menu? You'll need to use the original Samsung remote.

I tried and was unable to do so.

OK if the lamp is on but there is nothing on the screen, then there is a problem with the DMD board. This is the circuit board where the DLP chip lives. You would want to try to get into the service menu several times to triple check this diagnosis, but if you cannot get any menu (normal or service) then there is a problem with the DMD.

Do you still need help with this?