TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Aric. My Seiki TV HDMI port indicates 480p 60Hz. Shouldn't…

Hi Aric. My Seiki...

Hi Aric. My Seiki TV HDMI port indicates 480p 60Hz. Shouldn't it at least indicate 720p 60Hz.

Technician's Assistant: What Seiki model do you have? How old is it?

Not sure of the model, but the tv is several yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the menu works. I haven't tried the other 2 hdmi ports.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Seiki? What happened right before this?

Just noticed today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all.

3/17/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the Seiki? Also, where are you seeing 480P 60Hz- is it on the TV screen?

Also, let me know what's plugged into the HDMI port.

I am seeing the 480p 60hz on the tv screen after selecting the hdmi input 1 on the tv remote. The tv is my grandson's at another location.

What is connected to this TV please? The HDMI port is not the issue. It's the device connected to it that right now is only sending a 480P signal.

I prefer not to call. Will continue troubleshooting on my next visit with grandson.

I'm not sending that offer to call- the website does that. I've asked the same question twice and am waiting to proceed. What is connected to this TV please? The HDMI port is not the issue. It's the device connected to it that right now is only sending a 480P signal.

Only the direct tv modem is connected. No other devices are connected to tv.

It's a Directv box. The box needs to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks for your help.

You're very welcome. Are you able to follow those instructions above?

Aric, Technician