TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I 've got a XTR-500. remote ,how to connect to my D55-D2 TV.

Customer Question
I 've got a...

I 've got a XTR-500. remote ,how to connect to my D55-D2 TV

Technician's Assistant: How old is your D55-D2?

1 yr

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

My remote died and I ordered the Car 500 from Amazon , how do I connect to tv

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its an XTR-500 ,I also have another Visio remote the Visio XK- 135A. That didn't work after Amazon recommend
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately both of those remotes are incorrect.

The proper remote for your vizio tv model is the XRT122. Others will not work, and even though you may see others as recommended items on retailer websites, that doesn't mean they are actually compatible, just that other people made the same assumption and bought it frequently, or that there was a keyword match for the brand name.

This is the correct one for your tv: http://amzn.to/2FXWdjT

Best regards,

Nathan, Installer