TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just purchased a new TV and now my Mom's TR 126 II

Hi, I just purchased...

Hi, I just purchased a new TV and now my Mom's TR 126 II headphones won't bring in clear sound, just a lot of static and barely audible sound.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

I'm using HDMI to connect Apple TV and the set top box and the provided cables for the components.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I plugged in the composite cables into the port with three connectors and the Sennheiser into the remaining connector that had 2 connectors--one red and one blue.

3/17/2018
Martin, Technician

Hi and welcome.

"and the Sennheiser into the remaining connector that had 2 connectors--one red and one blue."
If you see blue, this must be the video component section (there is 3 RCA type connector). The red is not the same as white and red stereo RCA conncections.

Not all TV have stereo out (very few in fact). You may have a headphone connector on it that said (i would need the TV model number to know. In anycase, you should be able to connect the head phone directly to your cable box, just make sure you have the white and red stereo and not the red,green,blue video.

Martin, Technician