TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a panasonic th-pz4680u plasma tv. Having the 10 blink…

Customer Question
I have a panasonic...

I have a panasonic th-pz4680u plasma tv. Having the 10 blink syndrome. It's odd, because when I take the rear panel off, and turn the tv on, it won't turn off on its own and give me the 10 blinks. as soon as i put the rear panel back on, it will turn off sporadically, 10 blinks. I replaced the power unit, and have received parts to repair the main board.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TH-PZ4680U?

At least 10 years or more

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, tv menu works. same problem if dvd or home theater. Just started about 2 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TH-PZ4680U? What happened right before this?

Can't remember if anything happened other than one day it turned off and the 10 blink started.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/17/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. The symptoms changing with the back panel on vs. off is very strange, as there is absolutely no physical or electrical connection between 10 blinks and the back panel.

Does the blink as soon as you plug in the power cord, or only after you press the power button?

As soon as I plug it in.

OK disconnect the power cord for about 5 minutes, then reconnect it and listen closely inside the TV. Do you hear the relays "click" inside?

Ok I did what you recommended and with the rear panel on and it turns on My hearing isn’t that great so I didn’t hear the clicks. I forgot to mention that I did replace the PSU a few days ago. I’m hoping the problem is solved.

If you replaced the power supply and the TV is still having problems, then we are probably looking at a defective A-board (also called the main board). If the TV didn't click when you plugged it in, here's the check we need to do:

Unplug the TV. Using a voltmeter, place the positive probe at pin 6 of connector P7 while the negative probe is grounded. Plug in the TV. Is there 3.2V present for a couple of seconds when the TV is plugged in?

Do you still need help with this?