TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Sony Bravia that is about 10 years old the color

Hi I have Sony...

Hi I have Sony Bravia that is about 10 years old the color started going out but coming back in but now there’s no color at all how do I fix this the picture is still clear but no color

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

About 10 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

About 1 month the tv was moved

3/16/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

can I cancel the phone request
Are you there

You can call customer support(###) ###-####to cancel the phone call request

Please be patient, my replies may take several minutes to show up.

Ok

Can you please tell me everything that is connected to the tv?

DVD player

Please try this:

-leave the tv On

-unplug the DVD player power cord from the wall

-reseat the audio/video cables on the back of the Tv AND back of the dvd player

-plug in the DVD player power cord and power on

-check for normal operation

REPLY back let me know what happens.

Forgot to tell you about cable I don’t have to have the dvd connected I don’t use it so can I just unplug it and take it off I do have a cable box connected to the tv

Perform the procedure I gave previously for the cable box.

Have you performed the procedure I gave yet?

I did everything you said the tv is playing but no color now I’m getting little blinking color lines the picture is clear also I took all the wires off for the dvd

What type of connection goes from the cable box to the tv?

-hdmi

-component

-composite

-coax

Component

Component is FIVE cables:

-green/red/blue for video

-white/red for audio

The FIVE cables need to match on both ends where they plug in.

Mike I got the color back thank you very much have a wonderful weekend

You're welcome!

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician