TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

After T.V. has been on for a few minuets, the screen will go…

Customer Question
After T.V. has been...

After T.V. has been on for a few minuets, the screen will go BLACK. I will still have sound & volume control.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

YES. The T.V. is only 4 months old. It was purchased at WalMart in Mountain Home , ARKANSAS back in Nov. 2017. It has been working perfect up until 2 days ago. when this problem started.. The DISH serviceman just left a few minuets ago. He ran his tests on the Satellite system and all was well. He stated that this problem occurred last week with one of his other customer and the T.V. was replaced.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

NO.and I have a `whole house Generator ` anyway.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time that I can think of. This is the only and 1st time problem since Nov.2017.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/16/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Thank You......

When it goes black press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Then the problem is either the hdmi lead from the satellite\cable box OR the box itself what you can try first is rebooting the box by unplugging it from wall-power wait 5 mins replug back in again let me know if there is any change,the set is losing its signal from any box you may be using

Are you there please??

I see you have had the box guy out the only way to conclusively prove its a signal issue from the box is to try another input like a DVD player if that works OK you have a problem with the box for sure