TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My television just decided to shut off. It is a new Samsung…

Hi - My television...

Hi - My television just decided to shut off. It is a new Samsung Smart TV and I've had it for one year. I checked the cable box (upstairs TV is working fine), and I unplugged everything and plugged it back in. I hit

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

How can I find out the model number if I can't turn on the TV. The TV is about 1 year old/

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I went to the xfinity outages site and clicked on refresh. The cable box said that it rebooted and the lights are all on. The TV won't go on. Yes I checked the plug

3/16/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number please? The model is printed on a sticker on the back of the tv.

Is the tv more or less than a year old specifically?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no sticker on the back of the TV. I'm looking for the warranty card, but not finding it so fast. Please hold on.

All samsung tvs have a silver sticker on the back with the model and serial number.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'd rather do this on the computer. I found the Warranty - well the user manual. The set is a Samsung Series 6 - the user manual doesn't what which of the series 6 it is: 6200, 620D or 6201

I'm not asking for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

To continue here though I really need the actual model number off the tv itself, please, as well as the purchase date if possible.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The purchase date is May 18, 2017. I'm looking for the model number

Thanks, ***** ***** get by without it for now since I have the date at least,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; the good news is that since it is less than a year old, it would be under warranty. So the next step would be to in the morning call up 800samsung, and they will have it repaired for you under warranty.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK - I'll try it. Thanks.

You're very welcome and best of luck!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer