TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have received a model TH-50XVS30 television, but not the…

I have received a...

I have received a model TH-50XVS30 television, but not the “control box” or remote control. Can the TV/Monitor be energized/power supplied by using the remote control? And is there only one remote control that can be used with the system? We hope to use the system using DVD/Blue Ray and Computer as input sources.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

TH-50XVS30 is printed on the back panel.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None so far. In fact I’m not sure that we even have power on due to no “buttons on the monitor itself.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at this point.

3/16/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately that tv cannot function without the media receiver box. The part you have is nothing more than a display panel and it cannot operate independently. Without the media receiver the tv is completely useless.

The part is no longer available to buy either, though even if you could manage to find one, such as a used one on ebay perhaps, it isn't going to be worth the investment. This is a 2006 model tv, well over double its service life at this point, and plasma technology is long obsolete, so even if it did happen to work it would be expected to die entirely at any time now just from normal age related wear and there.

You are best off purchasing a new tv at this point, this one just isn't worth trying to revive.

My apologies for the news,

Thank you for the information/response. I will take the necessary tasks to “recycle” at the next electronics waste collection.

You're very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer