TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote is not working on the Vizio D32_D1 tv. No buttons…

Hi my remote is...

Hi my remote is not working on the Vizio D32_D1 tv.

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your D32 D1?

No buttons on tv.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tv does not respond to any buttons on remote and I just changed the batteries in the remote.

3/16/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

How old is the Vizio and what exactly is the TV doing right now- is it ON and unable to be turned off, is it frozen on a channel, or is it OFF and you're unable to turn it on please?

Ok

Are you still with me here?

It is on. I use cable remote to change channels- no problem there. The Vizio remote can't control volume, turn off the tv or pull up Netflix. The remote itself is not working.

Thank you. Once more- how old is the set roughly please?

4 years old.

Okay, the TV does have a button- it's a combination input/power button. It's located on the lower left hand rear corner of the TV. Press and hold that for 4 seconds and let me know if the TV shuts off.

Ok looking for it.

Reach around the left lower corner of the TV- it's on the back of the set and is rectangular.

It's shown on page 14/79 of the manual below:

https://cdn.vizio.com/documents/d32d1/um-d32d1.pdf

Pressed button for 1 minute. Nothing happened.

Okay this indicates a fault in the set's mainboard and generally requires repairs made to the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Ok I will do that.

Okay standing by.

It's working! Thank you!

Excellent and you're very welcome! Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance?

Aric, Technician