TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I own a Sony Bravia, purchased in 2016, I believe a 60"

Hello, I own a...

Hello, I own a Sony Bravia, purchased in 2016, I believe a 60" screen. When I turn it on, it turns itself off, and back on again, and repeats over and over and over. I have to unplug it to make it stop. What's happening.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

2 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All inputs. It began turning itself off right in the middle of a program. and now it will not even get past the start up screen.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

I think I answered that question as you were typing in my answer right above.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know..

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model: XBR-65X850C
Serial:(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I prefer to text

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no call - please text
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello are you there?

Yes, typing answer for you, hold on, please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can do a phone call - but I will need to change the credit card info...

Unfortunately, it is the mainboard internal failure and it resets and reboots repeatedly that you see as TV turns Off and back On over and over, it needs to replace the mainboard on the TV to resolve the problem, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

If TV is out of warranty then please click the following link to view (BMFL) mainboard image and part number info to search/ google it if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony/xbr-65x850c

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

There is no need to do a phone call, you have all required info in my previous reply

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
oh my... I knew I should have purchased the extended warranty. It is out of warranty. I will look at the two sites you sent and see what is the next step. Questions: Is this a common problem with Bravia? In your opinion, will I do better to toss it and buy a new model?

Sorry to hear that, extended warranty usually pays.

It is not a common problem with Sony TVs but can happen, since TV is not so old so it worth to get repair

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went to the web site - it shows the boards as not being too expensive. But they are out of stock. I will check the other web site for repair shops. Ok, That is all tonight. Thank you. I will do the rating as you wish. Good night.

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Good night!

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician