TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am getting closed captioning on my vizio television but i…

I am getting closed...

I am getting closed captioning on my vizio television but i did not change the settings. I go to menu and cannot highlight cc to make adjustments. how can i turn off closed captioning???

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

Vizio is approximately 5 yrs old. model is e552vle

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works except for cc. i can not highlight the cc button. i only use the hdmi side source

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your E552VLE? What happened right before this?

It just happened this evening. i subscribe to internet tv with hulu plus and this afternoon i removed accumulated extra "channels" that i do not use.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That is the only problem i have.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

i am connected to roku and have only video input on hdmi side

Just to clarify, you get CC only when watch Roku streaming channels and no cable channel service is connected to this TV, is this correct?

OK, please press Home on Roku remote then go to Settings then Accessibility and select Captions, set it Off and reply back with the result

i don't see a home button on my roku remote

There would be a Home Icon on Roku remote

i just found out how to get to home and i turned off the cc. everything looks fine. thanks for your help

Excellent, glad to know all is set now

Would you like me to close your pending phone call request now?

thank you

OK, closing phone call request now, its charges $26 will be credited to you soon

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Phone call session started