TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LG 50LN5100-UB has intermittent vibrating horizontal lines.

LG 50LN5100-UB has intermittent...

LG 50LN5100-UB has intermittent vibrating horizontal lines

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 50LN5100?

5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes same problem on all sources

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 50LN5100? What happened right before this?

About 30 days. normal operation before problem observed, then flickering black line on and off on top of screen. Now intermittent lines are more fuzzy. Out of focus for a few seconds, then back to normal.

3/16/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

How often does it do this please?

Fuzzy horizontal lines on about 3 seconds, then off for 3 seconds continuously
15 March 2018 08:38Fuzzy horizontal lines on about 3 seconds, then off for 3 seconds, continuously repeats

OK that then gives a chance to perform this check>>press the menu button of the sets OWN remote,is the menu ITSELF going fuzzy too?

I do need time to type thanks

Menu itself is fuzzy too.

OK it does sound like the t-con board is bad its just the horizontal lines that are causing some concern here, did both the lines and the fuzziness happen at the same time?

Let me check for fuzzy menu. I will be back in a couple minutes.

Yes you need to do these checks or it will lead to wrong diagnosis

Vibrating fuzzy menu almost continuously. 3 seconds vibrating, 1 second off, then repeats continuously.

It does sound like the t-con board is bad,this drives the LCD panel cost to replace this assuming you did this yourself around $80,let me know what you think here

Can you give me replacement part number for T-con board?

If a tech done this $250 depends where you are

You can look up the t-con board for this MODEL at shopjimmy.com to give you an idea however I can't give you a part-number because there may be upto 5 variants of the board in the same model,so you have to do this yourself

And you MUST use the part-number found on the original board

Is T-con board the one with the Component Inputs / Audio inputs ? Should I get a part number off old board? What will it look like? Number of digits etc.

Each variant will not be interchangeable some may work others will not

No the t-con is usually mounted upper middle of the set and may be covered by a metal shield, the board with AV connectors on is the mainboard

I will go to shopjimmy.com for the T-con board. How do I cancel this 7 day trial service?

I am a tech using the site like you are I have no idea what you have been offered you need to speak with support from the homepage about that, I only receive a fee from the site (from your payment) when you rate me hopefully 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, note the question remains open for 30 days

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Ok. Thank you for the advice. That is all for now.

Your Welcome

Anthony