TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Model 52PFL3603D/F7 will not turn on. Red light in front…

Model 52PFL3603D/F7 will not...

Model 52PFL3603D/F7 will not turn on. Red light in front flashes one long and two short. When on button is pushed you get one click, white light comes on for one sec then goes out. TV has been unplugged and replugged

Technician's Assistant: Is your 52PFL3603D connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Has been unplugged and replugged but only for about 15 sec. Just unplugged now and will wait longer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s all I can add

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Text is fine

Have you already tried unplugging for 2-3 full minutes?

It’s been unplugged for about 5 min. I just replugged and same symptoms return.

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

I replugged after 5 min and symptoms have returned

-none/very little

Capable of plugging / connecting

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you did want to DIY, I might be able to help you with that but it relies on your previous electronics experience. In this case you will be better off using a local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you really should compare that to prices of new 52" tv's.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Capable of plugging etc

Did you get the message I just posted?

Can I help you find a local repair shop?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hey Mike no problem. It’s a 10 yr old TV. Can’t last forever. I’ll replace TV and give 5 stars. Thx