TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Flashing. 11years old. P50hdtv. Vizio. No menu does not

Customer Question
11years old. P50hdtv. Vizio ...

11years old. P50hdtv. Vizio

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu does not work. All outputs doing the same thing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Happened all at once

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What is flashing?

The power light on the TV or the screen is flashing?

Screen

OK, is the picture flashing on the screen?

Please provide details of the TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem

The entire screen is flashing. There is no picture

OK, do you get sound from TV speakers while the screen is flashing?

No sound

Thanks for the info, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I have done all of the above

OK, I was unaware of that, this kind of problem mostly occurs due to failing power supply board that doesn't provide stable volts to other boards on the TV and sometimes the ZSUS board can cause similar symptoms, it needs to replace the power supply board as first thing to resolve the problem, please click the following link to view power supply board image and part number if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3501q00158a-power-supply-unit.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/p50hdtv10a

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Do you need any further assistance with this question?