TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

WE HAVE A SONY 55 INCH LCD TV WHICH IS ABOUT 11 YEARS OLD.

WE HAVE A SONY...

WE HAVE A SONY 55 INCH LCD TV WHICH IS ABOUT 11 YEARS OLD. FOR THE PAST MONTH, THE BOTTOM 3 INCHES ACROSS THE SCREEN AND UP THE LEFT SIDE ABOUT 4 INCHES ARE A LIGHTER COLOR THAN THE REST OF THE PICTURE. IS IT A TUBE OR IS IT A TIME TO GET A NEW TV?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

BRAND IS SONY, 11 YEARS OLD, MODEL NUMBER ??? IT IS A LCDlcd

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

THE COLOR DIFFERENCE IS ON ALL CHANNELS. THE MENU WORKS PROPERLY

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

ABOUT A MONTH. IT WAS WORKING GREAT BEFORE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, I CAN GET THE SERIAL NUMBER AND RESPOND TOMORROW BUT I THINK THE QUESTION CAN HAVE AN ANSWER

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Is the brand is a Sony, 55 in LCD, TV is about 11 years old.

Robert, it seems the backlight system inside the screen is failing and possible causes are either the backlight lamps are going out or the inverter boards are not supplying sufficient voltage to those lamps, sorry for this news

I would not recommend spending time and money on this TVs repair and you would be better off with a new TV. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Irate at a five-star this technician

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Shahid
Shahid, Technician