TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a year old Vizio and when I turn it on there's a

I have a year...

I have a year old Vizio and when I turn it on there's a black line down the screen separating it into equal screens the line is vertical

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Vizio TV?

My TV was fine yesterday I turned it on today and there's a black line going down the screen vertically separating the TV into two halves

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes there was

3/15/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

D40 - D1
Just a DirecTV box
It is hooked up with an HDMI cable

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I rebooted it the black line is still down the screen

Sorry to hear that, it is definitely the display panel/ the screen internal failure and the screen replacement is needed to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

If TV is out of warranty then the screen replacement may cost you more than a new TV price of the same size so at that point you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending time and money on its repair

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician