TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung seies 4 (460) lcd flat screen TV I

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung seies 4 (460) lcd flat screen TV I purchased during the switch to digital TV several years ago. The remote control device id not working despite the change to new batteries. I bought a replacement remote control device, programmed it and it doesn't turn on my TV. I went back to Best Buy, where I bought the TV and the replacement remote to discover both my original remote and the replacement remote work on their display Samsungs but not mine at home. What else can I do? On my TV there's no button to turn on the TV manually. Please assist me.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

It's a Samsung series 4 460 and I bought it at the time of the digital signal change a few years ago.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I can't turn the TV manually because there's no on and off button on this model and the remote isn't working despite a change ti new batteries so I don't have access to anything. It worked fine as usual yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

I'd like to speak with the TV expert please.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks, I've covered everything. Thank you.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/15/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?