TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Remote sporadically not connecting.....red light at bottom…

Remote sporadically not connecting.....red...

Remote sporadically not connecting.....red light at bottom center of tv sometimes does not come on, sometimes does....press buttons on remote and nothing happens.....wait awhile and it works again?????

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

I changed the batteries in the remote and have since ordered another remote, but not sure that is the problem. TV is roku insignia Model # NS-39DR510NA17

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

At this moment, the tv does not respond to the remote. I pressed the power on button on the tv and get the home page, but can't navigate anywhere without the remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know what it would be....thanks.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

I powered it on manually (on the set) and can see the home screen,but it is unresponsive to the remote

I understand... Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

what do you mean?

Are you at work, not near the tv? Or are you home near the tv and able to try something?

oh, yes, near the tv. but only have 15 minutes before I need to leave.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

-test if the remote works or not.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

I have tried that without success, but will try again now.

Just had to be sure you tried it...

Have you tested the output of the remote with a digital camera/phone on your camera?

no

Point the tip of the remote into the camera/phone

Press buttons on the remote

Watch the camera/phone screen

Do you see flicker light coming from the tip of the remote in the camera/phone screen?

no flicker
I bought a replacement remote online, but not sure it's the right one and don't know how to set it up....

I don't know what remote you purchased or where you purchased it.

Is it a universal remote? Or original Insignia?

it is a roku remote and looks almost the same as the original (why I chose it) but when it came I realized it does not have a power on button like my original one...otherwise looks the same. ...has a purple roku tag
I have an appointment now and must stop. Can I continue this conversation this afternoon? or do I have to just start over?

I wonder if it is for a Roku streaming BOX, not a tv. They are likely not the same or compatible. Because - there should be no setup at all. If it were the correct Insignia TV remote - It will work on your tv as soon as you put batteries in it.

I would suggest you get this remote:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0776665RG

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
thanks I will give it a try.

You're welcome. Reply back for more assistance.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.