TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We want to connect a set of Sony earphones to our Vizio TV…

We want to connect...

We want to connect a set of Sony earphones to our Vizio TV so my husband can hear the programs. Our Vizio Serial # is LAQIFAL340-2873 which we purchased 11/28/10. When we connect the single connector we cannot get any sound. Sony sdaid we need to change speaker settings?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Sony TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Don't know. Can you ask me another way?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No but thank you

3/15/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

What is the model of the sony headphones? Are they wired or wireless?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician
They are wireless and my husband is going out to the living room to get the model of the earphones. Sony Model number is *****
Phone call session started

Here is a link to the type of cable you will need. These can be visually identified, and picked up at many stores with electronics departments such as Walmart or Best Buy. Once you get it, simply try plugging it in to your audio out, and then into the base for the headphones. If you still need help, please reply to me here. Thank You.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-3-5-MM-Aux-to-RCA-Stereo-Cable-Audio-Y-Adapter-Cable-4-Feet/829969025?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227082306622&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=195017743816&wl4=pla-315142827732&wl5=9011488&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=829969025&wl13=&veh=sem