TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote does not control anything. What station does the…

Customer Question
My remote does not...

My remote does not control anything. What station does the tv need

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Remote does not work anything. What station does the tv need to be set on?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What menu options can you access, if any?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

How can I check the remote

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 month ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable , cable box (with cable remote) or satellite box ?

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
RCA 41' LED Full HDTV -- Model # LED42045RQ
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Direct TV Satalite

What type of cables /connection do you have between the satellite box and tv ?
Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?

Never mind the first question , we posted at the same time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all cable is coated - not individual

Which remote is not working here , the tv`s or direct tv remote ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
direct

ok and right now do you have anything on the tv screen ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The TV might not be set on the right station

You mean wrong input and that is what i was getting at when i asked " What type of cables /connection do you have between the satellite box and tv ?
Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?"

Where is the direct tv connected at the back of the tv ?

Look on the tv`s remote for the INPUT button then press it repeatedly to go through the various inputs until you get to your cable/satellite box or select that input from the input list once opened , typically HDMI 1 for example.
Try them all if you have to , one of them is your cable / satellite box .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We get channel 2 and can't change with the direct remotel

OK then now you have something on screen so the tv is set correctly

This is a direct tv problem now

Are the batteries any good on the direct tv remote ?

Does it do anything like turning the box off/on ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
repeated pushing input does not change anything

You never said anything about how the box is connected to the tv and i have to step out now

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the cable remote will not control anything including on/off
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician