TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung smart TV won’t connect to internet after extended…

Samsung smart TV won’t...

Samsung smart TV won’t connect to internet after extended power outage. Says network cable not found. Rebooted router. WiFi is ok

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s about 3 years old. Not sure of the model. Booklet says series 5500

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Hopefully

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I tried running a network status from the menu. Says no network cable found but there is a cable from the Comcast box to back of tv.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Where is the power button on the tv

Can you give me the exact model and I can find this for you

Richard, Technician
Phone call session started
When I plug the tv back in still get the same error.

Thanks

I want you to reset the TV please

To do this, follow the instructions on this link

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049100/

Once done, set it up and it should connect

Please let me know

I went thru the reset and I still have the same error. Says wired connection failed. No network cable found.

Ok, the wifi card has failed in the TV, do you have a network cable to connect to the TV with?

To connect the tv to the router?

Correct, as it needs to be done via a cable

I don’t have one. I will have to get one.
Is it just called a network cable?

yes, there is only one type

Ok thank you
One more question. I just tried a different Samsung tv in another room and it has the same error but it says wireless network instead of wired.

ok, now try the instructions I gave you on that TV please

Ok. This one is ok now. Says wireless network and is connected to internet

yes it is ok, the other is the wifi card that has faulted.

Thanks for your assistance.

My pleasure!