TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cant turn set on or off can not control volume

Customer Question
I cant turn set...

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/15/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Would that be a Vizio by any chance ?

Hello ?

lg 52lg70

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front and/or clicking sound from inside when you plug the power cord again and try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Does it work with the buttons directly on it ?

What is the problem , the tv`s remote , cable box remote etc. ?

disc the same can not turn set on or off picture fine if i wave my hand in front of the eye; it turn the set on and off but can't chang chennels

OK then now its the channels ?

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable , cable box (with cable remote) or satellite box ?

unpluged set no change if i wave my hand in front of the eye it will turn on or off model 52lg70

Sorry but i will step out now

satelite
can not change channels or volume can not turn on or off