TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can't take off the description mode on some of the

I can't take off...

I can't take off the description mode on some of the channels and other channels are in the spanish language mode.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a 32" Samsung 5 Series M5300 Full HD Smart TV. Model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I've tried to use the settings button. It takes me to the menu to change the settings. But, it tells me that none of these are turned on? It does not allow me to reverse it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN32M5300AF? What happened right before this?

We barely set up the TV three days ago. Its new. Noticed just today. Is something wrong with our TV?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That is it.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello is someone there?
3/15/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me how you get your channels? Antenna, basic coax only cable, or cable/satellite box?

WE get our channels via Cable box. "Comcast/ Xfinity"
No. Thank you.

I don't know what you are saying no to.

A pop up appeared asking if I would like to talk with live by phone for $26. That is why I responded No, Sorry.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

The problem is coming from your comcast box,

not the tv,

so you will need to look first on the comcast remote, for a button that says SAP or MTS.
Press that, repeatedly, to toggle the setting to off.

If you don't have that button, go into the comcast menu, and in the audio/sound, or language settings, you should be able to set that to off/english.

Thank you,

The xfinity menu only takes me to tv show listings. It does not look like it would take to sound, language or audio.
Then you are not bringing up the right menu. That is a quick menu not the settings menu. It need to go into settings.
Hi Nathan. You are probably correct. It has to do with the cable box. Thank you. I will get hold of cable company.
You’re very welcom!
Nathan, Installer