TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

NO SOUND AND SOME VERTCAL LINE. IT JUST 1 HDM CABLE CONECT…

Customer Question
NO SOUND AND SOME...

NO SOUND AND SOME VERTCAL LINE

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

YES IT JUST 1 HDM CABLE CONECT FRON THE CABLE BOX TO THE TV

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

ITS 2 THINGS

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/15/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeI am sorry you are having trouble here, if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?Anthony
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Would it be possible for you to send me a photo of this using the "add files" button your end please?

OK please do that thanks

I am very sorry to say that is a bad LCD panel, the thing is its not an option to replace the panel (screen) as it makes up two thirds the cost of the set,this issue and similar issues are very common with modern TVs, I always advise people to get as much extended warranty as possible at no extra cost (some retailers offer this)as its the most important point of buying a new set because of the unreliability of the panel,let me know what you think here

Outside of this there is a small chance of t-con board failure this board drives the panel only eliminated by replacement but it does look like tha panel (screen)to me

How old is the set please?

Yes its as I have explained above

Scroll up if you cant see my replies thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are u sure ?
Which panel are u talking about kin you give little detail

I am referring to te actual LCD screen itself this is the panel the actual viewing area

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s 2003

And yes 90% positive with a 10% swing to a problem with the t-con board that drives the panel but as I see this everyday I am experienced enough to say in my opinion its the panel itself and its hardly surprising as the set is very old

You have had a good run with that set as modern TVs are considered generally to have a life of 5 years

Hopefully the information is of use to you moving forwards?an assessment in a shop for the same information would have cost $75

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the tv for only 2 years
Do you think I shoud try the t con board

So its only 2 years old then?you did say 2003

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I bought it 2year ago but the manufacture is 2003

No you should not consider fitting a t-con board in a set of this age, could you please get me the model number of the set found on the back of the set?

Answer is still the same but this set is a plasma so does not have a t-con board ,the plasma gas is failing now on this aging set so you will get panel discrepancies as the gas dies off within the panel, again because of the age of the set its not an economic option to replace the panel (screen) once again sorry for bad news here

Outside of the above there could be issues with scan and buffer boards but again putting money into a 2003 set is not a good idea when it may be a total panel failure anyhow (not known until boards are fitted)

Let me know what you think now please

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician