TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I hook up a wireless headphone to plasma tv model…

How do I hook...

How do I hook up a wireless headphone to plasma tv model TCP65VT50

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TCP65VT50?

How do I hook up a wireless headphone set to a Panasonic tv model TCP65VT50?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menus works. I can’t find the earphone output or other sound outputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TCP65VT50? What happened right before this?

Only since I tried to hook up the headphones two nights ago

3/15/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,streaming devices, internal apps etc. ?

Hi

We posted at the same time

Cable box dvd

OK and those wireless headphones would be used for both or cable box mainly ?

Do they have an optical input port , you did not give the model number of those here

It is for my neighbor I do not know more
Have no model nos

If they do not have an optical input then you will need a digital to analog audio converter or you could connect them directly to the cable box analog left/right audio out but that would leave out the dvd player

Here is an example of such a converter ; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KNNSKV0/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00KNNSKV0&pd_rd_wg=mxgjK&pd_rd_r=SW7PH6XAT4BKMVVEVDJ8&pd_rd_w=t6Dvl

This could possibly be found at your local walmart , bestbuy , radio shack etc.

That unit would use the tv`s optical audio out which is the only audio out and convert it to standard audio for the headphone base /transmitter

Or as i said could be connected directly into the cable box without a converter

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Ok thanks
Goodbye

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.