TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchased a 43" smart TV a number of weeks ago and have…

I purchased a 43"...

I purchased a 43" smart TV a number of weeks ago and have only taken it out of the box yesterday. Unfortunately I can not connect to Netflix.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

NO it tells me that the TV is not able to receive due to not having the right equipment

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

That is not the problem as I have another TV that is working fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I am presently in my office and would have to copy the message that has been displayed on the AGORA 43"

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The message also states that the streaming in 4K requires an HDCP 2.2 compliant connection to a 4K capable display. However I have no idea of what that is about as my other TV connected to Netflix without any problems.
3/15/2018
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the TV?

Kogan 43" Agora Smart 4K LED series 8 KU800
I am not paying any more so please carry on with our conversation.

Okay, May I know whether your other channels are working fine?

All other channels are fine including Google

Have you restarted the TV and restarted your modem/router before?

15 March 2018 11:20The message also states that the streaming in 4K requires an HDCP 2.2 compliant connection to a 4K capable display. However I have no idea of what that is about as my other TV connected to Netflix without any problems. Therefor I have no problem with the modem.

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you I need to have this situation corrected as I purchased the TV for my wife to watch Netflix while I watch the football on the other TV down stairs.
I am not at my computer for any extended time so how will I know when you are trying to contact me?
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Are you getting this error message only when trying to access the netflix app?
or on other apps, or other external functions such as channels via a foxtel box for example

only when I try to enter Netflix
Netflix say my system is not compatible I do not understand.
I have set this TV up for my wife to replace a machine so she has Netflix mainly.

Thank you for checking,

you can go into the settings menu on the kogen and look there for the software update function,

if that still doesn't help, then this is a netflix compatibility issue.

While it is a 4k tv, these kogen tvs are at the very bottom end of the quality spectrum and have only minimal features, so the tv is not hdcp2.2 capable, which means you can't actually watch netflix in 4k. To get around that, you'd have to go into the options on your netflix account, and set the streaming resolution there to HD (1080p) instead of UHD, so that it will be a signal that the kogen is capable of using.

That sounds like it may work I will try it when I get home later today thank you. I understand that the Kogan machine is not the best however the fact that it was affordable was the main reason for purchase as a spare set.
I will contact your service if the problem continues later thank you Eldon.

You're very welcome, and best of luck to you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Eldon

Eldon
Eldon, Technician