TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Big screen smart tv muted volume when outside source was…

Big screen smart tv...

Big screen smart tv muted volume when outside source was used to project sound for superbowl. how do we reset the tv to get its volume turned back on?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Just red and white. A message comes up that says the tv detected an outside source so the volune has been didabled.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's all

3/14/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

I don't know the number but it is an 85 inch and only the Comcast cable is connected to it.

Is there any soundbar/ sound system connected to the TV to get louder sound?

no phone call you have all the info that I have.

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

- Is there any soundbar/ sound system connected to the TV to get louder sound?

no. the sound baqr indicator comes on when you turn up the volume but no sound comes out of the speakers. It has been internally disabled.
I think it just needs to be reset to factory settings????

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

well I am not where the tv is right now but I will try it later when I get back to its location. THANKS.

OK, please take your time and reply back with the result

Thanks

OKAY

Thanks

Model# ***** ; Serial # 28LTMAGRA50582 . I've tried all the stuff you suggested and still no sound

Thanks for the info

Can you connect a DVD/ Bluray player to the TV as a test to check the sound output from TV internal speakers?

No we don't have anything like that available.

OK, have you tried to reset the TV to default settings?

I've tried resetting to factory settings but with no results. There would seem to be an internal
Program that turned off the speaker s.

- How did you reset the TV?

Please elaborate the procedure to proceed

Hello, did you get my previous reply?

Settings. Reset to factory settings: OK Then I had run through the entire setup procedure.

OK, please go to TV Menu then Audio Menu and check Speaker option, is it On?

Of course! I've been through the entire menu and everything is on and set correctly. NO MORE STUPID QUESTIONS!
Is it possible that the TV is defective and that the speakers are inoperable? ?

It is quite possible that audio processor chip has been defective and I'm trying to figure it out, we can verify it easily if you could connect another video source/ device to this TV

If I can connect the unit to WiFi can you remotely run a diagnostic?
Well I'll see if I can work on that. But it will be a little while.

I'm afraid there is no way around to run a diagnostic remotely on this TV

Ok IT'S FIXED! Wrong plugs in cable box from TV. Sound is back. We can end this. THANKS Shahid!

Excellent, glad to know that it wasn't a hardware related issue and TV is back in business

Have nice time~

Shahid
Shahid, Technician