TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

After my cleaning lady left, I found my cable box upstairs…

Customer Question
Second opinion] After my...

Second opinion] After my cleaning lady left, I found my cable box upstairs doesn�t turn on. This has happened before and usually checking to be sure all connections are tight it works. This didn�t work this time. The tv light goes on, but the cable box doesn�t. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No, but I will try now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That didn�t help.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Haven’t gotten a response yet!
3/15/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...cable box..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...cable box..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) and even if just for test purposes:

• • Tried unplugging for an extended period of time. The idea is to simulate a soft RESET and dissipate residual power;
  • • And then plugging back in but into a different outlet. Do this even if other devices plugged into the same outlet works.

The above are the only easy user doable tries as all others would point to an internal hardware issue.