TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

After my cleaning lady left, I found my cable box upstairs…

After my cleaning lady...

After my cleaning lady left, I found my cable box upstairs doesn’t turn on. This has happened before and usually checking to be sure all connections are tight it works. This didn’t work this time. The tv light goes on, but the cable box doesn’t. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No, but I will try now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That didn’t help.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Can you please unplug the cable box power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in and reply back with the result?

I tried for a minute which was the first suggestion, but I will try for 5 minutes now. Please wait...

OK, take your time

Cable box is still off . The outlet is working since the tv turned on.
What should I do now?

Sorry to hear that, it seems cable box has got an internal fault in power supply section and the box needs to be replaced, please call the cable company number to get the box replaced to resolve the issue. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Ok.

Question got refunded?