TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hope you can help me with this.... I have a Konka KK-Y296A…

Customer Question
Hi! Hope you can...

Hi! Hope you can help me with this.... I have a Konka KK-Y296A tv - and the remote just stopped working for some unknown reason. Tried 3 different sets of new batteries, but nothing. Worked fine, and all of a sudden stopped working. The controls on the TV itself are only ON/OFF, but it only comes on to 'standby' mode, so remote is necessary to even turn it on from that state.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your KK-Y296A?

Help??!!??

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't get a screen in order to look at menu - the on/off on the set literally only turns it on to standby - black screen, remote necessary to get it to turn on from there.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It's at least a 10 yr old tv - if not older

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
3/14/2018
TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician replied 1 month ago
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician
You can order a new remote on ebay using your tvs model number the remote may have quit because of age or you may be able to use a universal remote there about 8.00 at Walmart if you don't won't to wait for the new replacement remote
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok - have tried universal remotes b4, but none of them worked with Konka and could never find codes for them that worked. Do you have/can you find codes?
Oh ok no thats one of those tvs you will have to order the original remote for its a off brand
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician