TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm getting a blue and darker blue block that comes up in…

I'm getting a blue...

I'm getting a blue and darker blue block that comes up in the center of the screen with a choice for settings and picture. It won't allow me to choose anything nor get rid of it. It pops up every few minutes. I have asked direct tv if this has to do with them-it doesn't.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Not currently

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes-I think awhile back but this has been happening for a few weeks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I wouldn't know what to let him/her know

3/14/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

hello-I"m looking for the number
42SB45U
I don't want a phone call I sent you the info you requested-model number
42SB45U
DID you get my message?
Jack, are you still there? Is the number I sent you the model number you needed?

Sorry , never got notified of your reply , website acting up

OK then that is a Sharp LC-42SB45U
Give me a minute please

ok
the tv is a Sharp LC-42SB45U
it is a Sharp LC-42SB45U

Looks like you have the demo mode on , let me get you the procedure to turn it off

That would be great

This is odd but i cannot find any STORE DEMO or HOME USE selection for this model , even in the first time setup

You are saying that it shows you what the tv can do and the options etc. ?

The screen reads on one side the left
Settings and below that it gives you the choice of picture audio features parental control set up on the right side it says picture and below that it gives choices also like contrast brightness etc

Lets try a reset

Open the tv`s menu and go to SETUP , open that and you will see RESET click on that and if asked for a password ***** enter 0000

let me know how that goes

when I press menu the screen that I want to get rid of comes up but when I try to scroll down it won't let me get to setup it the pop-up goes away as I try to scroll. As I write this however the menu is not coming up anymore. Perhaps it is fixed?

Lets hope so but if it does come back then try this first before trying the menu again ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,

Jack
Jack, Technician
Thanks! and I will fill out the rating

Thank you