TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I do not have cable. Bought a Clear TV Antenna to watch

I do not have...

I do not have cable. Bought a Clear TV Antenna to watch local shows. There is no "antenna" choice on the input.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I bought a Clear TV Antenna to watch local shows as I have no cable. There is no "antenna" on the list for input.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu only shows adjustment to picture mode, brightness, color, etc.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

The tv used to have satalite but that has been turned off. Nothing showing since then

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

3/14/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NS-LDVD32Q-10A

Thanks

Give me a minute please

First set your tv`s input to TV mode

Open the menu and go to CHANNELS , open that and click on AUTO CHANNEL SEARCH then at the top select ANTENNA and DIGITAL , i doubt much there will be analog anyway

Let it search for channels and note that it will take a few minutes usually

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing shows up when I put it on TV mode.

How do you mean , did you open the menu and select CHANNELS

You need to do that search first or you wont get anything here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Found it. Scanning for channels.

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still not getting local stations.

Check your connections , pulll the cable off the back of the tv and back in securely and also if this is a powered/amplified antenna then make sure the power is connected to it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Had something for a second, now nothing. Cheap antenna maybe the problem?

Either something wrong with that antenna or your tv`s tuner

Only way to know is to try another antenna

Get yourself a cheap $10 rabbit ears type antenna and give that a try , those oldies are still the best

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for the help. I will try another antenna. Have a nice day.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician