TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My picture is up side down

My picture is up...

My picture is up side down

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
v02-3900 0b cable onley

I need the TV model number, please

v02-3900 0b seems a number for something else

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do find the model #

Model number would be written on back cover or side panel of the TV

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
vizio e 390a1 39in 1080p60hz fhdtv 60hzled

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
their is no cable box. i have already tried unpluging did not work.

OK, push the menu button on TV remote, does the menu graphics screen also appear upside down?

OK, working on it, get back to you in few minutes

Unfortunately, it is the EEPROM chip internal failure, this chip stores TV firmware/ internal software data and mounted on the mainboard of the TV. Replacement of the mainboard is needed to resolve the problem. There are few different versions mainboard utilized in this model as per serial numbers so click the following link to get the correct version mainboard part number for your TV if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=vizio+e390-a1

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is their a repair person menu?

I'm afraid No

and wish if there was a way to enter to service menu of the TV to make some changes in that data

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks.

Much welcome, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician