TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Had a power outage and when it came back on TV would not…

Had a power outage...

Had a power outage and when it came back on TV would not turn on. Stays black

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No. Directly into an outlet

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes Actually left it unplugged all night

3/14/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Sorry for delay could you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?

TV-P50X5

Is there any power-light lit or blinking please on the front of the set?

no

In every case were there is no power-light lit on the front of the set you are sure you have power to the set ,have bypassed any surge limiter and maybe moved the set to a known working socket, ideally the back of the set will need to come off and checks made using a volt-ohm meter, the way it stands at present the power-board inside the set is not working (most likely) and will need to be replaced,if you think you can do this work yourself,I will be happy to help you with it, please let me know and I will provide all relevant info.

Thanks. I will get a technician where I live to do this.

It may just be the fuse inside the set however this does need to be checked using a volt\ohm meter

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started