TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV, Model TH-42PX80A which will…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV, Model TH-42PX80A which will not turn on. The indicator light flashes red nine times, then stops for a few seconds, and flashes nine times again. Got any clues what the problem might be? Regards, Greg.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Panasonic TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, and I have tried it from different power sources.

3/14/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here ,please initially reboot the set by unplugging it from wall power wait 5 mins replug back in again let me know if there is any change pleaseAnthony
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** didn't work.
Greg.

If you are sure that it blinks red 9 times pause 9 times and so on then I do not have good news as the plasma panel is bad....

It may be leaking or it may have a short circuit within the panel either way its not an economic option to replace it,let me know your thoughts here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks very much. It's 10 years old, time for an upgrade.
Thanks for your help,
Regards,
Greg.

Yes best option

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician