TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV, Model TH-42PX80A which will…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV, Model TH-42PX80A which will not turn on. The indicator light flashes red nine times, then stops for a few seconds, and flashes nine times again. Got any clues what the problem might be? Regards, Greg.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Panasonic TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, and I have tried it from different power sources.

3/14/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here ,please initially reboot the set by unplugging it from wall power wait 5 mins replug back in again let me know if there is any change pleaseAnthony
Thank you, ***** ***** didn't work.
Greg.

If you are sure that it blinks red 9 times pause 9 times and so on then I do not have good news as the plasma panel is bad....

It may be leaking or it may have a short circuit within the panel either way its not an economic option to replace it,let me know your thoughts here

Thanks very much. It's 10 years old, time for an upgrade.
Thanks for your help,
Regards,
Greg.

Yes best option

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician