TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a UNH6420, can I add an amazon app for their video…

I have a UNH6420...

I have a UNH6420, can I add an amazon app for their video service. I didn't see this app listed, and when I preformed a search I got an answer saying that item can't be found. Any suggestions, thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Which Amazon product do you have?

TV UNH6420

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Amazon software?

To see if there was a download existing on the samsung platform

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/14/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you please give me the complete mode number from the back of the tv?

Un40D6420UFXZA, Version CN01

That is just what I needed, thank you,

Unfortunately, the short answer is no, amazon is not available for it.

The issue is really just the age of the tv. This is a 2011 model, it is far past its service life at this point, and amazon is no longer supported on any of the samsung tvs made prior to 2015, as the marketing agreements for these older sets have expired and samsung would not be renewing them. So you can't get amazon directly on the tv itself.

What I'd recommend instead, short of replacing the tv, is to connect an external streaming device, such as a roku or fire tv or appletv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Best regards,

Nathan, Installer