TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our curved samsung smart TV turned on and then it turned…

Customer Question
Hi! Our curved samsung...

Hi! Our curved samsung smart TV turned on and then it turned itself off and now the power button won't turn on, we tried replugging it, the power in everything else is on

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

To a power strip

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

We tried that too

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/14/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here, could you please get me the model number of the set found on the back of the set please?Anthony

Is there any power-light lit or blinking please on the front of the set?

No there isn't

In every case were there is no power-light lit on the front of the set you are sure you have power to the set ,have bypassed any surge limiter and maybe moved the set to a known working socket, ideally the back of the set will need to come off and checks made using a volt-ohm meter, the way it stands at present the power-board inside the set is not working (most likely) and will need to be replaced,if you think you can do this work yourself,I will be happy to help you with it, please let me know and I will provide all relevant info.

Sorry its nothing easier let me know what you think

I don't have the tools to do that, what can I do?

If you have no extended warranty with the set the set is OVER 12 months old so has expired warranty then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com <<<<Click... will locate a approved tech in your area

If you need more help let me know

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Do you need any more help here please?

Without the ohm meter could I do it by myself?

Yes you could just change the power-board its very likely to be that ideally though checks with a meter are better but its 90% sure that if you replaced the power-board set will be good, power-board is a plug in board let me know if you want to do this cost of board around $100

You need any more help please?just so you understand I do not receive any payment from the site until you rate me at least 3 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,I do notwork for justanswer I am an independent technician using the site like you are and this is how this works thanks,if you need any more help let me know thanks again Anthony