TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a panasonic TV and the remote is not working

Customer Question
Hi we have a...

Hi we have a panasonic TV and the remote is not working efficiently.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

The model number of the remote N2QAYB000604. I did not get the TV model.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

AV and TV modes. Channels sometimes Volume very difficult. Have changes batteries

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
TV Technician: technicalcat, Technician replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Do you find yourself having to press harder on the buttons, or more repeated press, or just need to be closer to TV?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

harder on the buttons
no
that would bring me up to near $100 no thanks
if you cannot help keep the $5 and refund the $47
is anyone there or have you dropped me.
repeated press
I do not want to pay to go via phone just answer my questions

Well, harder on buttons would indicate a remote problem. I can send you instructions for a way you could see the invisible IR light being emitted, but it may not tell you much more.

In order to fix this problem , you are only looking at two possibilities . The remote is failing, or the IR receiver on the TV is failing. What's more likely is that the remote is failing, and that's easier and generally cheaper to replace.

Here is one available in Australia. I would recommend you get it as it will likely solve the problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-PANASONIC-N2QAYB000604-REMOTE-CONTROL-THL42U30A-THP42U30A-THP50U30A-NEW/261654718333?epid=1019753419&hash=item3cebd6277d:g:o0MAAOSwZVJap4xr

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.