TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new 32" spectre tv tring to hook up to directv

I have a new...

I have a new 32" spectre tv tring to hook up to directv genie i have the power cord the coax but dont have the proper usb cord how do i connect it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

As i said its a new 32" spectre tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything reads no signal

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I deont believe i have to go thru a 3rd party

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/14/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok i would appreciate it as ive been trying to connect this new tv to the directv box for almost a week the old tv was a 24" and the usb cable one end fits on the box or the tv the other end does not

It is not necessary to connect the USB on the Directv Genie.

Have you selected the correct input source on the TV to view it?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is the correct input source i cannot use the remotes for menu as the screen shows no signal so i cant access anything
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
pete you are doing fine answering questions here you say not to connect the usb but the tv itself says no signal so i cant tell what the correct input source is

It depends what input connection you are using, e.g. if you have it connected using coax cable to an "AV" input on your TV then select "AV" using the TV's remote control.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i will try that and see if i get anything other than no signal thank you pete i will let you know

Ok looking forward to hearing back from you!

Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
switched to av and it is still showing no signal getting frustrated

What is the model number of your 32" Spectre TV?

What is the connection that you are using on the TV labelled as?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just talked to a spectre tv tech they will be in my area tomorrow to see if its the tvs problem or what he said no charge thanks pete youve been very helpful

You are welcome :)
Have a great day!
Pete.

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Pete, Electronic Engineer