TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I would like to use my Netflix account on an old tv. I need…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to use my Netflix account on an old tv. I need a day-wL10 adapter

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Panasonic tc- p50s30. At least five y o

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

We are at our home in az for two months.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

I’m visiting my sister at this house and she didn’t know she had a smart tv. So I’m trying to hook her up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just can I find this adapter and get it overnighted

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/14/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The Wi Fi adapter for this TV has not been made in some time, and the only sources to find them are from 3rd party sellers through eBay or Amazon (link below):

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DY-WL10-Wireless-Adapter-Blu-ray/dp/B003960G1U

However it's a moot point because Netflix does not support this older model set. While it may work with the adapter, the current version of Netflix will not be available and no updates will occur either.

What I would really suggest instead as both a better and more practical solution is to run to Best Buy and purchase a $40 Amazon Firestick and plug it into one of the TV's USB ports. The Firestick will give the TV a current APP platform and also a current version of Netflix. The Firestick is below:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=fire+stick

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?