TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchased an Apple tv 4K to use on my 2010 TV. Is that a…

Customer Question
Hi. I purchased...

Hi. I purchased an Apple tv 4K to use on my 2010 TV. Is that a 4K?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Version 10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I haven't opened the box because I'm told I need my TV to be 4K compatible. How do i find that out?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it. Thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/14/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. A 2010 model TV is almost certainly not 4K compatible, but I am happy to look up the specifications. Post back with the model number from the back panel of the TV.

Thank you. SN 1012-37LA3OR-A105462. If, in fact, it is not, the Apple TV 4K can't be used. I have a Mac Pro and the 13 year old RCA. Can you recommend another device to enable me to stream programs from my computer to the TV.
No, thank you. Can you advise me what device will be compatible with both my MacPro and my TV?
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

can you tell me the complete model number from the back of the tv, please?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.